This web portal was created as a result of an agreement concluded by the Polish Fraternity Brotherhood of Gutenberg and the Conservative Commission of the Greek-Catholic Archdiocese of Przemysl - Warsaw. This agreement allowed us to undertake work on the implementation of the task within the framework of the Social Archives of the National Audiovisual Institute. The task was financed entirely by the National Audiovisual Institute from the Social Archiving Program.
As part of the initial inquiry, the valuable archives available at the Commission's disposal were identified.
A team of specialists appointed by the Polish Brotherhood of Gutenberg's Knights has done all the work on digitization of the identified resource. The results of this work are presented on the sub-pages of the portal - in the tab list.
Archive of the Greek Catholic Parish in Torki
Greek Catholic Archdiocesan Commission for the Preservation of Monuments of Architecture and the Development of Orthodox Art in Przemyśl;
Archdiocese: Archive of the Greco-Catholic Parish of the Dormition of the Mother Goddess in Torki.
In 2013, the Conservative Committee of the Greco-Catholic Archdiocese of Przemysl - Warsaw and the Polish Guild of Gutenberg's Knights have come to an agreement. As part of the agreement, the Guild was required to carry out the application process for a grant application under the Social Archiving Program of the National Audiovisual Institute. Our application was approved by NInA - the next steps were to set up an executive team, then digitize, develop and make available the collections..
Archive of the Greco-Catholic Parish of the Dormition of the Mother Goddess in Torki.
The archives of the Greek Catholic parish in Torki k / Przemyśl from the years 1837 - 1945 consist of documents written in the following languages: Russian, Ukrainian, Ukrainian and Polish, acquired from the inhabitants of the village in the 1960s by art historian Barbara Tondos. Unfortunately, some gratings have been permanently damaged by cutting out stamps or stamps. The collection was handed over to the Conservative Committee of the Greco-Catholic Archdiocese of Przemysl - Warsaw with a / s in Przemysl. Historically, it is a very interesting team, showing the wide spectrum of functioning of a Greek-Catholic sub-cloister over two centuries. Amongst the documents are, among others. The Book of Przemysl Greco-Catholic Consistory, written in the years 1837-1868. Originally it was in the records of the Greco-Catholic Bishops of Przemysl. It contains ordinances, decisions, recommendations and information addressed to parish and decadal offices concerning theology, catechesis, canon law and civil law, judicial decisions, funding, taxes, church property and others. The documents concerning the demolition of the antique wooden church from the 16th century and the construction of a new, brick building - still existing today. They illustrate the dispute at the beginning of the 20th century, between the local parish community and the state administration and the Monuments Conservator in Lviv, ending with the arbitrary destruction of an extremely valuable wooden temple. It is today known from the archival photographs and the painting of Kazimierz Pochwalski "Lirnik in front of the hut" (1885, National Museum in Warsaw), where the background for the genre scene (as Andrzej Żygadło) is not the front of the hut and the northern elevation of the church in Torki. As early as 1916, Fr. Wladyslaw Kozicki, on the pages of the book "In the defense of churches and wooden churches", published in Lviv, drew attention to the phenomenon of mass destruction of sacred wooden construction and replacing it with brick architecture - the problem has not lost its relevance. The papers published here allow you to analyze the causes, mechanisms and legal qualifications of such events at that time. In addition to the archives, there are: Inventions of the Parishes in Torki from 1837 and 1910, Book of Deaths 1874 - 1915, Book of Weddings 1907-1945, Book of the Society of Patrons of St. Nicholas 1899 - 1936, documentation of the construction of the rectory and economic buildings in the years 1864 - 1874 and many other documents from the years 1843 - 1945.
Archives of Romuald Biskupski
Unpublished archival material, produced in the years 1960 - 2007, by the outstanding art historian - Romuald Biskupski, a specialist in the field of Orthodox Church research, a long-term head of the Department of Orthodox Art History Museum in Sanok. Systematic, written remarks on history, iconography, paleography of iconic paintings from the Middle Ages to the nineteenth century, characteristics of centers and artistic creations, attribution of Orthodox art, bibliographical indications, extracts from archives and sources, mainly concerning the historical area of the Przemysl, Lvov and Chełm eparchies . About 25% left by Romuald Biskupski, structured notes in the form of fiches (the remaining ones, according to Janina Lewandowska, remain in the Historical Museum in Sanok). This is the working material that the author used, preparing monographic publications, and which he never planned to share in such form. His sudden death (Jan. 9, 2008) put his wife - Janina Lewandowska, also before a difficult decision on the fate of the archive. Identifying materials with the participation of Jaroslaw Giemsa, decided on the purpose of his behavior and dissemination. The value of presented, organized notes is determined by the competence and extensive knowledge of the author, as well as extensive research and the scope of systematic research. The archaeological team has a unique value for continuing research into the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. Among the notes are, among others. An excerpt (in the original form and translation) of the marginals (voices) made on the pages of the liturgical books (XV-XIX c.), an important historical source for the history of parishes and churches in the area of Przemysl eparchia (the basis of research was the rich collection of manuscripts and old prints of the Historical Museum in Sanok and Museum of Folk Construction in Sanok).
By providing the archive we are obliged to comply with the following rules :
-In the case of non-commercial use, the source should be indicated as follows: Biskupski R., Archive / w / Archiwum Olesia, archival group: Archiwum Romuald Biskupskiego, www.archiwum-cerkiewne-online.pl.
- In the case of use of materials for commercial purposes - copyright of Janina Lewandowska in Sanok.
A team of specialists appointed by the Polish Guild of Gutenberg's Knights has done all the work of the task.
Team composition -